Online printing

billybob

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am still new to photography but now have a great number of photos that I would like to have printed.

I am in the process of choosing my primary printing source and am faced with a bewildering number of choices. Kodak, adorama, york, mpix and dozens of others offer online printing. I have tried to search for some sort of roundup or comprehensive review of all of these printing services but am unable to find one. Does anyone know if such a roundup exists? If not, which online printing services are recommended for their quality? Furthermore, is the quality I will get from these online printing places as good or better than what I could get at the local Walmart, Walgreens, or Wolf Camera?

I can't compare the others, nor do I know of a roundup review. I started using mpix a while back, and have never had a reason to look elsewhere. I am really pleased w/ the quality and service they offer. Their prices are just slightly above walmart + shipping, but they are head and shoulders above walmart. I used walmart, walgreens, cvs, etc in the past for just snapshots and even tried them a time or two for images I planned to hang. 75% of the time when I tried the local pharmacy, I refused them and left them sitting on the counter. The b/w images I sent to the local pharmacy often came back w/ a purple hue or lousy contrast. I refuse to use them even for snapshots anymore b/c they are just so lousy and when you complain, their response is "well take it or leave it".

Mpix does a very good job. I am well pleased w/ them. I have a coupon laying around somewhere for snapfish for some free prints that I may try just to see how they do, but almost everything I have hanging (and even prints I have done for a fee) were developed by mpix. 2 thumbs up.

let me mark on out to Mpix. i started using them after hearing a bunch of people on here say how great they are. example:

i ordered a proofs book from them with 48 images (12 pages), on a Tuesday afternoon. I had the book on Thursday morning! and thats with the standard USPS 4.95 shipping charge, they are great, great quality and super fast turn around

I've been using mpix.com for prints for a few years, and I like them. They are inexpensive, and do a great job really fast.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back