Online Publishing Tools (and an intro!)

jzack605

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey guys, I'm 25 years old and from NY. Have been into photography my entire life, was given my first camera at a very young age by my mother around 7 or 8 years of age. My only formal education for it was through high school courses and some in college where I graduated with a history major and graphic design minor. I started with film, went to digital and now I am going back to film with the intention of broadening my perspective and equipment. Recently purchased a Bronica ETR medium format camera and have been shooting with a Nikonos IV-A for the past year which has been a great little camera. I've always kind of casually gone about my photography, immensely enjoying it but apprehensive to take it to much of an audience. I am really interested in some of the online publishing tools available and would like to create a zine type gallery with the images I shoot.

The first I came across was Issuu which I was very impressed with after going through a few galleries, pretty much exactly what I was looking for. The only downside is its a bit limited on file types it supports so I would need to find a program to convert all my files from .jpeg to one of the supported files.

Any other publishing sites worth viewing?

Thanks guys for your time!
Jake

This will showcase my ignorance but are you trying to publish your work as an online magazine?

Most of us here just use routine photo hosting sites, like Zenfolio etc, to show our pictures.

really dig your flickr. If you don't mind me asking, what films are you typically using?

Issuu seems fairly standard on file types. What is the specific problem?

Issuu won't allow .jpeg, unless its an issue with my computer. Is the premium memberships more accepting of other image files? I've only tried playing around with the free version so far.

This will showcase my ignorance but are you trying to publish your work as an online magazine?

Most of us here just use routine photo hosting sites, like Zenfolio etc, to show our pictures.
I guess I want to find a medium where I can showcase sets of images in a magazine like setting to share my photos. I like the layout a lot of viewing photos in that manner like on Issuu

really dig your flickr. If you don't mind me asking, what films are you typically using?
Mostly just store bought Kodak 400 or some Ilford black and white film.

Issuu won't allow .jpeg, unless its an issue with my computer. Is the premium memberships more accepting of other image files? I've only tried playing around with the free version so far.
download Open Office Apache OpenOffice - Official Site - The Free and Open Productivity Suite for free and design your book. Save it as PDF and upload.

I dont think Issuu is a site thats compatible with just uploading your pics. Its main function seems to be to share documents and magazines.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back