Online Self Paced Photography School

sushiboy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello,

I am very interested in the field of photography. Unfortunatelly, my schedule does not permit me to go back to college. Can anyone recommend any good, well rounded, self paced, online photography schools? Preferably one that offers a diploma or certificate upon completion.

Thank you very much!
Sushiboy

Not really, but TPF is a GREAT place to learn a ton!

The New York Institute of Photography is pretty good. I don't know how "online" they are but it is a Correspondence course.

http://www.nyip.com/

John is on the right track. I'm sure there are some art schools that offer online photography courses. i don't know about getting a degree in photography completely online but its a start and definitely a good place to learn the basics.

On the other hand, you could read up on the forums here, and check out books from your local library and gain the same knowledge for free. I would say the only thing that a class does is focus your studies in a certain direction and if you can do that yourself you'll be fine.

I have heard of nyip. Ill have to check it out.

For self study, what books can anyone recommend.

Also, I think I will be doing a good bit of reading up here on these forums.

Thanks! :hail:

check out the banner for proud photagraphy at the top of the page. although not a lot of input on this forum it was all positive.

nyip pricing is.... pia / pymt plan
complete professional photography....798.00/998.00

adobe photoshop 798.00/998.00

fundamentals of digital photography 348.00/398.00

our sponsor of our forum seems to offer quite a bit for the money

bp

what about stratford career institute photography program? anything good (or bad) about that?

Most reactions

Back