Online Storage: Flickr? Google Sites?

TiCoyote

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
As I'm approaching the limit of my 200 free pictures on Flickr and considering paying the $24 to subscribe, I'm wondering whether I'd be better off just getting a free Google site. I know that I can only keep 100 megs of photos there, but I can just get another site when the first one fills up. And then another, and another. Yeah, I could see this getting annoying. At the same time, sometimes Flickr's interface is a little annoying too.

Is there a better way?

+1 for Smugmug. First off, it just looks better. The site layout is more friendly to me.

Do you ever go back over the 200 photos?
The photos are still there when you go over, and the links to them still work, they'll even still show up in search results. They just don't show in your pictures when you browse through your own profile. This is a limit that I hit early this year and quickly learnt to ignore.

I use photobucket and have I believe over 300 images on there and I am only at like 3% of my total space for free.

Michael

Personally I went for a flickr account (paid) over a free photobucket (they have some nasties in their terms and conditions) because I was getting nearer to the limit on the PB acount for free space and flickr gave you far more space and such for your money.

I don't like that on flickr if you want to organise stuff you do really need a paid account (since your limited on groups and sets you can make for free), but I do like that its jsut one fee and then everything is basically opened up.Plus if you can get around all the award based groups there are some decent groups worth joining on there.
I prefer this over setting up my own site simply as flickr has done all the interface work for me - I don't need to faff about constructing galleries and such (though chances are oneday I will)

Most reactions

Back