Online uploading issues

JeromeMorrow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok, so I have a problem. When I upload a photograph from my computer to the web on say flickr, I've noticed that my shots look a bit washed out in comparison to the original on my computer. It's really bugging me, so is there any way to fix this?

Check your color space. Web browsers use sRGB, so that's what your image should be, before you upload it.

This happens to me too. After I've uploaded them, I go to "edit picture" and just boost up the color it lost. This is the only fix I've found for it so far. It's pretty annoying, and would be very annoying if you were uploading a lot of pictures.

Ok, I think I found the problem. It seems to be a browser issue and not actually a problem with uploading or the image format. I switched from Firefox to Safari just now and in Safari the picture turns out perfectly on the web, the same as it does in LightRoom. This is disconcerting because it probably means a lot of people aren't seeing the same picture you uploaded, even if you can when you're in Safari. I'm switching to Safari for now but I'm still hoping there will be some way to fix this in Firefox so everyone can see my true picture.

Ah, I see exactly what you mean. They look fine in safari for me too now that I look at them there.

Look fine to me on Explorer. But then I dont know what they looked like in the first place.

Most reactions

Back