Only in Alaska

MMMMM Deeeer Jerkyyyyy :drool:

I don't like to see injured or dead wildlife but when it's wasted...it's really bad. So might as well eat it up.

I'm not much for hunting but I do benefit in a lot of free meat when my GF's family goes hunting.

I still think we should give guns to the deer...just to make it a little more of an even battle. ;)

Big Mike said:
MMMMM Deeeer Jerkyyyyy :drool:

I don't like to see injured or dead wildlife but when it's wasted...it's really bad. So might as well eat it up.

I'm not much for hunting but I do benefit in a lot of free meat when my GF's family goes hunting.

I still think we should give guns to the deer...just to make it a little more of an even battle. ;)

Ya know, there is a computer game called "Deer Avenger", where the deer hunt people. It's awesome!!!

Karalee said:
See I didnt know people actually at buffalo meat either, let alone moose, before I moved to Montana.
I knew someone from Finland a while ago. We both played the same game. She used to eat reindeer.

I like your thinking, Mike! :D

Now I don't even eat meat at all, and I see nothing wrong with that they did. Yes, it is sad for the animal, but it was the humane thing to do. It could have suffered injuries that would kill it later, or it might have gone wild and injured some of the workers, due to the stress of the situation. And using the meat to feed people just helps to give the loss of its life some purpose instead of being for nothing.

Maybe this a little off topic and a sensitive issue for some, but, I can't figure out why it's the humane thing to do to euthanise an animal that is suffering but assisted suicide is bad.

Personally I think it's kinda funny. I mean yeah it's sad and all that the moose had to suffer, but jesus, come on, what are the friggin odds that a moose would get his antlers caught in a set of powerlines going up?!?!? Does nobody else see the twisted humor in that????

Yes, the voters of Oregon passed the Death with Dignity law 10 years ago (the first, and I believe still only, state to do so). It has withstood legal challenges in the state, a legislature that thought we must not have known what we were doing and made us vote on it again (where it passed by an even larger margin) and now the Bush administration and Ashcroft trying to shut it down. (Apparently states rights only matters if you agree with the laws they pass...) Death with Dignity has won every legal challenge and now the Attorney General has one last chance to appeal to the US Supreme Court in the next month. I believe he has vowed to keep fighting and keep wasting taxpayers money. I don't even want to know how much money he has wasted in his 3 year court battle trying to subvert the will of the people of Oregon.

I have transported many patients that are either terminally ill or have conditions and/or injuries that take away all quality of life. I wonder if the people who fight so hard against the right to die issues have had much exposure? There are certainly afflicted people who want to fight to the bitter end, and I do respect that, but for the ones that feel they can't fight or that it's not worth it, they should have a choice.

Shark said:
Personally I think it's kinda funny. I mean yeah it's sad and all that the moose had to suffer, but jesus, come on, what are the friggin odds that a moose would get his antlers caught in a set of powerlines going up?!?!? Does nobody else see the twisted humor in that????
And yes, I do see the humor in that!

Most reactions

Back