Only way is out

Meysha

still being picky Vicky
Reaction score
Website
vickywall.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The very very busy main Metro station in the middle of town. Strangely on this night - there was no one there.

LaSortie.jpg

I was sort of going for that old fashioned B&W sort of sepia-ish look you see a lot in photos of Paris. Btw, Sortie means Exit in french.

I dunno what it is about train stations and b&w photography but they just go hand in hand and you've shot a perfect example. :)

Well done!! :D

I like the perspective and the tones, although I think it's missing a clear point of interest. I'd like to see something else...maybe someone coming or going.

Big Mike said:
I like the perspective and the tones, although I think it's missing a clear point of interest. I'd like to see something else...maybe someone coming or going.

Yeah in the original - the Sortie sign is actually bright green. So I tried to do a selective colouring to make it more the focus. But it didn't look right... like it was too small to make any impact on the picture and just made it worse. I'm gonna head down to the metro again this arve - so you'll probably see more metro photos soon.

I really like this. I think you captured that essence of Paris you were going for perfectly.

i like it a lot. me being a symmetrical freak, it would have been nice if they had installed the lighting fixtures centered with the centermost escalator handrail assembly. doesnt matter, you still got a great shot! :thumbup:

Malteaser, I think this is in Toulouse...
And personally, I like it without people, though ONE person on one of the escalators could have added something... I did not realise it wasn't all symmetrical until I read JonMikal's comment (doesn't speak for the intensity with which I look at the photos here, does it :blulsh2:)... but even after I've detected the slight shift in balance, I still think that, since it's a different staircase to the far left (not elevator but steps), this photo can do with this unbalance... but the longer I look at it, the more it disturbs me that the SORTIE sign isn't perfectly aligned... Sorry, this is nitpicking, Meysha.
A) you're going back tonight for more (good idea!) and
b) I like this because of its many lines, because of it being black and white (Xmetal expresses it best) and... ah well. I like it!

Thanks everyone.
LaFoto and Malteaser, Yes it is in Toulouse, I just said Paris, coz everyone knows that sort of 'look'.

JonMikal, Thanks (sarcastic)!!! I was hoping no one would notice that until you said it. hehehe. I noticed it too and it really really irritated me too. But now, my most distracting feature is the dark left hand corner of the escalator.

Personally I really like it alot as well. Has a very classic look to it. Probably also not a "very" commonm shot to be able to capture it with absolutely no-one around. I suppose though someone like say a pouting kid sitting on the second landing area of the stairs at far left would probably make this an award winner for sure.

Most reactions

Back