LeeLeeMelis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Maine-but currently stationed in Okinawa, Japan
Website
www.mwbphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey there I'm finally a subscriber and able to post my photos a lot easier. Check out these few shots from a recent family session I had. Let me know what you think! Thanks!

Attachments

• $15test.jpg
    $15test.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 99
  • $7test.jpg
    $7test.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 130
  • $5test.jpg
    $5test.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 121
The belly shot is of course, absolutely adorable! I love it. I was only thinking that in the one with the dad and the little girl since half of his arm is missing maybe take out that part of him? You know? Cause when I saw it I noticed that before anything else for some reason. I love it though look how sweet they are... Very nice photos!
7test.jpg

You're right... I do like that too. What a lovely family. When they frame that picture no one will notice the arm anyhow. ;)

What a wonderful family - and you chose such a nice location for your shoot!

As to the father-daughter-photo (which I easily find the strongest of the little series presented here), somehow his lone hand and watch are distracting somehow, since they look so disconnected, in so far JJM is right to suggest some cropping. In her photo I suddenly feel that the girl's smile is much more the subject, and that smile SHOULD be the subject, I think.

Maybe I would consider an all different crop, don't know... less square, cropping off a lot more of the father (I'm afraid) ... clearly putting all emphasis on the smile.
I'd need to try to see if what I am trying to imagine I'd do is feasible at all...

ETA: well, not sure if my idea works, the hand is still there, and so is part of the watch, if I try to keep his hugging hand in the frame and not crop into his ear ... :scratch: ... so not sure here:

LeeLeeMelis_FatherDaughter_myedit.jpg

Thank you for all of your suggestions folks! I do appreciate it. I should have asked him to take the watch off earlier in the shoot as he realized it was on later on. My customers choose the locations as I dont have a studio. Any beach here on Okinwawa makes for wonderful photos, no question!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back