Oooh! New lenses!!

nagoshua

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just starting to get my SLR outfit together, i got my 100mm EF macro the otehr day and the sigma 18-200mm came this morning. I got straight out shooting insects and got a surprising amount of photos, so many i could hardly choose one, tell me what you think/how i could improve the shot.

IMG_3922.jpg

i'm still a noob, but i think it looks super cool. The only thing i would do different is i would have moved just a little more to the right so you could see more of the body of the insect. Also it's a little out of focus at the tips on the bottom, I don't think they are wings.... if you moved to the right a little more, i think this may have been focused

i tried to do that when i was taking the shots but it hopped away when i moved to get round the side of him.

First thought is that i think it could be sharper... what was the speed here , and did you use a tripod ? I would also not like to see that Vertical light line to the right of the subject, but what ya gonna do .. know you were anxious to shoot the bugs..

The whole bug ought to be in focus, NEM is right - think about shooting at f/5.6 or higher to get a greater depth of field. Also, think about context. The grass hopper on a stalk is nice, but how about it eating something. This may not help you improve this particular image, but it will allow you to understand why some of us consider this an o.k. shot, but not yet great!

The image could be a lot sharper. Try to use a tripod and make sure its in focus before pushing the shutter rellease all the way.

I was handholding at the time as i was really low to the ground, it was shot at 1/1600 on f/5, i usually take a few pictures using different f numbers but this little guy hopped off before i could take anymore pics. Im gonna go back up to where i was shooting and try and capture something with a lil more interesting behaviour, thanks for the tips!

Most reactions

Back