ooooh night trees c&c if you please

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by zbo2408, Nov 27, 2008.

1. zbo2408

zbo2408 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    some night shots i was playing around w/ please let me know what ya'll think

#1 [​IMG]

#2 Basically the same shot just slightly darker exposure & a crop... which is more appealing??[​IMG]

#3 The only editing is levels adjusted and noise reduction [​IMG]

#4 Dido from #3
    [​IMG]

Thanks for viewing!

2. BTilson

BTilson TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Out of the first two, I definitely like #2 better. Until I saw it I was going to suggest a crop of #1 anyway. I like the composition of 3 better than 4. I think if you managed to get a similar shot, but with the moon at some less than full phase (full moons are too typical to me :p) in the middle of the open area there, you'd have a winner of a shot.

3. pixeldawg

pixeldawg TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I think that since you've posted this in the beginner's forum you've done OK. Some thought for improvement:

First, shoot at an earlier time in the evening. This will not only give you more color in the image, but detail as well. The light will also match the ratio of brightness to the moon, and give you a little better exposure here as well (The moon is grossly overexposed...). Next, framing is a good compositional tool, so when you use it again, use it with "gusto" and really make it a part of the image. The one mistake I see often with younger photographers is that they are shy about putting enough of the framing element into the image. In your case here, it's the tree leaves.

I don't mean all of this to sound harsh- I think you've done pretty well for a beginner. Just work on those basic elements and look at your scene critically and think about ways that you can improve the scene through better lighting and composition. Next time, you may also want to pop a flash to give the trees some color and detail as well.

Good luck with this and again, great effort.

4. zbo2408

zbo2408 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks ya'll I appreciate it!

5. austriker

austriker TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    i dont think it is very good but that is being brutally honest (which i think needs to happen more on forums like these) .. but of course my stuff is not that much better