ooops.

SrBiscuit

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
damn.
i didnt even want it that bad, but you know how ebay can be. sometimes ya gotta win just to win. lol.
just scored a d1x with 4 batteries and the mh-16 charger. i think i still got a decent deal though, so i think im ok with it. lol
$208.50.

damn ebay.:lol:

damn.
i didnt even want it that bad, but you know how ebay can be. sometimes ya gotta win just to win. lol.
just scored a d1x with 4 batteries and the mh-16 charger. i think i still got a decent deal though, so i think im ok with it. lol
$208.50.

damn ebay.:lol:

LOL cool! Now you'll hava a backup camera! Flea bay gets me every now and then. Usually when I am bored and stuck inside.:lol:

i think i have a minor case of GAS.
my 2 hobbies are rather prone to severe cases of GAS: photography, and playing music.
Gear Acquisition Syndrome. ;)

I still use my D1X pretty regularly. It has a sweet image sensor.

The original battery doesn't last very long anymore, but the Lenmark battery I have for it isn't bad.

i'm not sure why you would bid on a D1x in 2010 unless you wanted it as a mantelpiece.

You've got a D1h if you want some speed, the D1x is just a little redundant considering that the D40 cranks out better images that are also higher resolution.

One thing you might check into is the D1x 10 megapixel .NEF up-sampling RAW conversion option that was first pioneered by Bibble Labs, and then was incorporated into Nikon Capture. Back when the D1x was the hot ticket, all the cool kids were up-sampling their D1x .NEF files to 10 megapixels and it caused quite a stir back in the day!

well i really like the handling of the d1h better than the d40, but my d1h has some af issues. this will just be an "i dont really care" body. it'll be the one that i take snowboarding since its weather sealed and has the mag construction as opposed to the plastic. i seem to have an affinity for the pro body tanks.

i do want to upgrade the d40 to a d90 at some point, but i think this will be an ok toss around body.

i also think the noise at higher iso will be signicantly less with the d1 bodies. the d40 sucks at anything over 400-600 (at least in my experience). i can get up past the 800-1250 mark with the d1h and it seems cleaner.

thanks for the tip derrel...maybe i can be one of those cool kids from 10 years ago lol.

so i got the thing thursday and i have to say...as old as it is, and as low res as it is (which really doesnt matter to me all that much), this thing is exactly what i was hoping for. its now my primary cam. i LOVE it. it's in immaculate condition. the batteries are holding a charge better than i thought...all 4 of them. not a scratch or mark on any of the displays. zero marks on the entire thing. it's brilliant.

i know you may not agree with me sw1tch, but i think this thing will bring me loads of enjoyment. d40 will be for long(er) exposures, but i really wanna get used to my new friend. and after seeing some of the other listings, i think i got this for a steal. i was debating a d90 with tax money, and i know this doesnt hold up to a d90 by any stretch of the imagination, but it is filling the void that i was feeling with the d40.

who knows...maybe im naive

Congratulations, After all, this game we play should bring us some happiness. Your toys don't have the be the newest, biggest, shiniest on the block to make you happy. (at least for some people). Enjoy.

I personally think it's cool. I would love to have a pristine camera like that, it sounds totally amazing.

POST SOME PICS!!!

Mine is not pristine, it has a small scratch on the rear LCD, but:

D1X002.jpg

just out of curiosity, how many clicks are on these two D1Xs? Plenty of time to rack up those clicks for sure.

so i got the thing thursday and i have to say...as old as it is, and as low res as it is (which really doesnt matter to me all that much), this thing is exactly what i was hoping for. its now my primary cam. i LOVE it. it's in immaculate condition. the batteries are holding a charge better than i thought...all 4 of them. not a scratch or mark on any of the displays. zero marks on the entire thing. it's brilliant.

i know you may not agree with me sw1tch, but i think this thing will bring me loads of enjoyment. d40 will be for long(er) exposures, but i really wanna get used to my new friend. and after seeing some of the other listings, i think i got this for a steal. i was debating a d90 with tax money, and i know this doesnt hold up to a d90 by any stretch of the imagination, but it is filling the void that i was feeling with the d40.

who knows...maybe im naive

Whatever makes you happy.. i don't want to cramp your style.

Most reactions

Back