Oottat Shoes

jcdeboever

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Probably not most people's cup of tea but I like looking for unusual things as I slowly walk the street. This Tattoo parlor had a very narrow entrance to what I would think is an apartment upstairs. The neat thing is that they boxed it in with the parlor. You can't see the entrance door due to the reflections which is fitting in my opinion. It is a very narrow alley way enclosed in glass for the tenant to enter their domain. I like that they left the advertising for shoes on the entrance wall leading upstairs to the domicile, adds a wonderful aura upon entering. Open for critique and instruction that will guide me to produce a better image.I should note that I have been looking for things in groups of three to compose, the main reason for this capture. I used the three panes of glass per instruction of Hedgcoe books and @Gary A. 's instruction on executing what I can see. I didn't win a prize here but @Gary A.'s instruction about slowing down and soft tapping the shutter helped me a great deal even though his instruction was geared for action. @Derrel 's knots came into play here as well. I did not use them physically but have been practicing obsessively and they produced for me in this image as I was able to understand DOF to control my image outcome. I love me some @Astro, @Gary A. , and @Derrel I am really blessed to have good men with good intentions helping me to find my way in the photography world.

Shot with a Nikon Coolpix P7100 in program auto mode.
DSCN0881e.jpg

Last edited:
I really like this photo. It makes us walk in search of the little details.

It's busy but interesting. IMO, one of the best reflection photos you've posted.

My kind of photo, everyday stuff photographed in an interesting way.

greybeard said:
My kind of photo, everyday stuff photographed in an interesting way.

Yes, very Cubist, and quite interesting to look at!

This picture is jut great !

Most reactions

New Topics

Back