Chris of Arabia

Herding cats since 1988...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well first off for those of you who remember me mentioning it, is that I've just got the result from the Open University photo course I finished last December. Apparently I got 88% for the panel of photos I took, they're round here somewhere.

Second off, I just signed up to complete an MBA - as from May 1, I'll be doing their B820 Strategy module...:confused:

As I'm editing, here is the T189 panel again should anyone wish to look

Uh? I didn't edit a thing of your post! Why does it say I did?

But yes, well, I tried to quote and (once more :roll: :er: ) hit the wrong button .... sorry.

What I meant to quote is your saying that "as from May 1" you'll "be doing their B820 Stretegy module" (whatever that means) - to then add that I now DO wonder how that ties in with your coming to the Meet-Up three weeks after your classes will begin!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Don't worry about it Corinna, I'll just sit quietly up a corner at the BBQ with my books... ;)
^^^Heh heh, that's what you think!

Double congrats are in order!!! Wonderful news about the result of the pano. And that's really great that you're going to start the MBA course. :hail:

Lol. I did a couple of OU courses. The first was a level 4 course which was so boring and badly presented that out of 30 starting only 5 of us actually finished the course. By the way, I got through.

The second was (I believe) T305 in which my tutor and I had a slight personality conflict that ended up with my taping our phone conversations, calling him a damned liar when he claimed he never said something that I had a recording of him saying. I offered to present the evidence to the Open University as proof of his incompetance but it was brushed under the carpet as was my complaint about him. Apparently his complaint about me was worth more despite that his complaint was utterly unsubstantiated (and provably so from my recordings - which the OU declined to listen to).

My programming course was brilliant and I got on well with the tutors and came out with flying colours.

After all that I decided that it wasn't worth the hassle and since I already had a degree anyway (from a real university) there really wasn't much point in following many more undergraduate courses.

Since then I have followed the adventures of my friend (and best man at my wedding) Eric Hall and his battles with the university and the OUSA executive with great interest. Although at times it seems like six of one and half a dozen of the other, neither the Open University and OUSA come out as shiningly spotless.

If I were presented with resumes (or CVs) from people that had studied with the Open University I would say "fine" and assume they had done some work on the subject of their choice. I would not, however, rate an Open University degree on the same level as a degree from any of the other accredited British universities. In fact, I'd probably rate the applicant as unqualified but with potential skills in the area.

Thanks for the support. Remind me to belittle your own efforts at some point in the future... :er:

Thanks for the support. Remind me to belittle your own efforts at some point in the future... :er:

Sorry Chris. Having a degree from an established university, one takes a different view of new universities. I'm afraid I laugh at "The University of The West of England" as it's really Bristol Polytechnic with a funky new name. The quality of teaching has not improved nor the course content.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back