Open Up

Discussion in 'Landscape & Cityscape' started by 'Daniel', Feb 28, 2006.

1. 'Daniel'

'Daniel' TPF Noob!

Getting into flower photography it's a lot of fun.

[​IMG]

comments welcome
    Also please tell me what you don't like about it.

2. 'Daniel'

'Daniel' TPF Noob!

please there must be something wrong if noone posts. Unless it was missed. tell me how to improve :D

3. Arch

Arch Damn You! Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I like the overall tone of the flower and the composition, but my eye keeps being drawn to the light (flash?) area on the top petal, maybe its just the way the petal bows inward at the tip that caused it, but i think it unbalences the shot. Otherwise good :thumbup:

4. JTHphoto

JTHphoto TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    looks pretty good to me too, maybe just a little harsh light, the shadow distracts from the flower a little bit...

5. 'Daniel'

'Daniel' TPF Noob!

JTH could you explain a bit more i don't really understand. Do you mean the shadow on the stem under the flower head?

On the shiny part. It's caused by the shine on the petals that ins't obvious except for where it reflected the flash directly. I quite liked it and it has lost soemthing on the resize. But I can understand how it would be distracting.

I think I might try using to lamps to light the flowers in future and use a weaker flash for lighting the main face.

Thanks. any more comments welcome.

6. JTHphoto

JTHphoto TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    daniel, i'm in no way an expert, so I'm hesitant to give any specific advice. i have tried similar shots and was unhappy with them... the shadow i'm referring to is on the left of the composition, i'm guessing from the flash. i think you are on to something with the alternate source of lighting or diffused flash, that would be my only suggestion... photogal seems to be the resident "expert" on B&W flower photography, maybe try asking her how she achieves her results...