Opening APS Film

The film industry spent millions of dollars to create a film that is smaller than 35mm, cost more to process, cost the labs more to upgrade their equipment. And still all you have is prints if at best are as good as 35mm.

APS is also supposed to be more user friendly because it's drop in film loading. :) But I pretty much agree with everything that Bernie said. Oh! And you can usually choose from 3 print sizes, but I'm sure there are SOME 35mm that do the same thing. :)

Yeah, sorry to keep going on and on about APS. But its all a marketing thing. You can take any 35mm neg and print it as a 4x6,pano or any other size. APS just dumb downs the selection and records how it was shot so that the automatic printer can print it that way. Why they didn't take all that development and put it into digital we could have been a few years ahead more than we are in digital photography. Now that was money well spent on developement.

Oh well like i said APS had or has some pretty nice cameras. 20 years from now they will make some pretty cool looking paper weights. LOL

Hype said:
Is it possible to Opening APS Film at home?

I have a Film scanner and some photos on APS that i'd like to digitalize them at home.

What size is the film inside, i have never seen it!!

thanks for your help

H

How many photos do you want to scan? If it's not a huge amount I could do it for you. I've got a APS attachement for my Nikon Coolscan. I just load the APS canister in and then select the negatives I want scanned from it. I don't have to remove the film from the canister and you can still send it in for reprints at a later date. E-mail me if you are interested at: [email protected]

Most reactions

Back