Opening RAW images in PS3

iluvphotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am having problem opening RAW files in PS3 to process them. What is the procedure? Do I have to download any software for this?

Im no professional, but my camera produces CR2 I believe and I just double click them and PS3 opens. Sorry I dont know anything else :S

I heard somewhere you *may* need to download "Adobe Camera Raw" sorry i dont know anymore info.

So I downloaded Adobe Camera RAW 4.1.1 and when I click on it, it tries to open it in PS3 and I get the same message " Could not open because it does not reconnize the file type".
What do I do now?

Did you install the new raw definitions file in the correct place on your hard drive? It's stored in some obscure folder someplace. You have to put it there (I usually rename the old one so I have it just in case) and then reload photoshop.

Maybe I am missing something here, but even if I can open the image in Picasa how does that help me?? I need to eventually open it in Photoshop so I can process them. Right?

I just ran into the same issue last night... On the download page for the plugin (Camera Raw 4.2) if you scroll down it tells you were to put the file, you don't try to open it. If i remember correctly it's C:/Program Files/Common files/Adobe/CS3/Plugins

Anyways just check it out, they have instructions.

Maybe I am missing something here, but even if I can open the image in Picasa how does that help me?? I need to eventually open it in Photoshop so I can process them. Right?

Because if you do not have the Canon RAW image drivers you should (I believe) not be able to open them in any imaging program on your PC.

Not sure if this is the exact case, but just an FYI. Adobe does make or release software for newer cameras on their older software. Instead they make you use their DNG converter. After you convert the RAW files to DNG, you can then open them in PS CS#. I ran into this when trying to open images off my 40D into CS2.

Dang, way to bring back an old article lol...

you can't open new raw files with old photoshop.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back