Opening RAW

Peanuts

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.brittanyesther.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So this is photography related, so once again, probably in the wrong section, but I had no idea where to place it. This was my best guess.

I am completely baffled. I have Photo Elements 3, and just got Photoshop CS2, and on both, whenever I try to open a RAW document taken with my Canon Rebel XT, I get a message reading, 'Could not complete your request because this is not the right kind of document' :confused:. What am I doing wrong, or is there something I need to change?

Thanks!

Is there not a tool that came with your camera for converting RAW to TIFF or JPG to allow manipulation? Also, there may be a PS plugin for your camera as I understand that some things vary.

Rob

Your camera should have come with 'EOS Viewer Utility', which will allow you to open & adjust RAW image files. As Rob said, there is a download for Photoshop which will allow you to open your RAW files. Check the Adobe web site.

There are also other RAW image programs available.

Thank you very much for replying. I went to the Adobe website and it stated that the RAW plug-in is included, but I am going to 'redownload' the plug-in, just incase it is an older CS2 version perhaps?

If this does not work, I will download the product that came with my camera, seeing as i thought I didn't need it. Whoops.

Thanks once again.

I use PS-CS with RAW files for my canon 10d, not sure if element supports raw, I think your on the right track about the driver not being load

The RAW editor should start up automatically when you open a RAW file for editing

Good idea, make sure you download the latest version of Camera RAW...RAW files are not all the same, you need a newer plug-in to open XT RAW files than you do for 10D RAW files for example.

Once again, can't thank you enough! I indeed had to download a new RAW plug-in (3.1 is the version I believe), which included the Canon Rebel XT. Now it is working wonderfully. Now I just have to spend the enxt month reading the User's guide to actually use CS2 to its fullest.

Thanks!

Most reactions

Back