Opera... (browser)

I officially gave up on Opera today. The only think I liked was the speed dial, and the rest was so buggy. And no ad blocker meant I had to stare at a blinking weight loss ad the other night (yeah, content block didn't work).

I found out that Firefox has a speed dial add-on, and while Firefox is far from perfect, I've discovered it's much better than opera.

To be honest I really don't get all the ad hate that people have - I never notice them and I'm not running any adblocking software. The only times they annoy are when they are in posts in a forum when one is not logged in.

Also I much prefer you snapping away to trying to crack my screen Dmitri - but seriously on camera flash - urgh! I thought you were better than that! ;)

To be honest I really don't get all the ad hate that people have - I never notice them and I'm not running any adblocking software. The only times they annoy are when they are in posts in a forum when one is not logged in.

I think it's like DVR/Tivo - once you got it you wonder how you lived without it. I was watching a stream the other day for a couple of hours and the whole time I had a weight loss advert on the screen, blinking back and forth between overweight and thin. Blinking, blinking, blinking...
Also the "pop up" adds that cover half the screen until you click to close it.

Tho I did forget how painfully slow Firefox can be...

Also I much prefer you snapping away to trying to crack my screen Dmitri - but seriously on camera flash - urgh! I thought you were better than that! ;)

:lol: Sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do eek eek :)

...And no ad blocker meant I had to stare at a blinking weight loss ad the other night (yeah, content block didn't work)...

no worse than your annoying animated avatar...

Opera's "Block Content" works well for me, although there are a few situations where is either can't block the content or can't block a specific instance of the content without blocking others that are desired (e.g. blocking your avatar without blocking all avatars, ...)

no worse than your annoying animated avatar...

It's a paparazzi monkey, it's supposed to be annoying.

Opera's "Block Content" works well for me, although there are a few situations where is either can't block the content or can't block a specific instance of the content without blocking others that are desired (e.g. blocking your avatar without blocking all avatars, ...)

Same. usually works decently but it didn't top that damn ad.

fxe6q1.gif

Most reactions

Back