TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
jonobrands.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have a chance tomorrow to get the following:

Nikon D50 Dslr with Nikon 18-55 afs lens.

Also included: Manual, Battery, Charger, Av cables, USB cables, Software CD, + Bonus (2) 1GB SD cards. Also for sale: Nikon ML-L3 Wireless Remote for D50 (Brand New in box) $10

Bottom line, THIS would be my FIRST DSLR. I have been wanting a better rig, am I ready for it? Can I afford it(sure), do I need it, I dunno...but I really, really want a DSLR!!!!!! I think a good DSLR is an investment...

PRICE:$400

I have read a lot of reviews and don't know which way to go, as I have had a thing for the Sony Alpha, or Canon.

Advice, suggestions, do's, don'ts, ANY HELP will be GRATEFULLY appreciated!

T.I.A.

Heck yea its a good camera for 400 bucks! Especially for a beginner. I started with it, and it was great! :)

Oh yea and it's Canon, not cannon...:mrgreen:

used, but in EXCELLENT condition, I have seen it.

I am just worried, will I have to upgrade in a year? Or, will this fulfill my wants and needs for a while...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh, what to do...

That camera will not limit you technically for many years. Get it. There may lots of little bells and whistles that newer models have, but you rarely actually need them. Want is a whole different question, of course.

Been using mine for almost two years...uses AF and MF AI lenses, great low ISO captures...my kind of camera!...

Survey says "Get It"

:hail:Da 50!

Get it.

If at some point in time you want to upgrade, you can always just keep this as an excellent second body.

If you haven't already, i would definitely buy it. I've had my d50 for almost a year and have had no problems with it. I have the lens you are looking to buy also. It's a good lens, but (depending on what you like to shoot) there is something to be said for a good zoom lens. As far as the camera goes, however, get it. Sounds like a great buy

I can think of precisely one excuse for not getting it, and that's only if your rich uncle has a stash of expensive Canon lenses, is on his last legs, and you know where he keeps his will....

Short of that, I'd definitely buy it -- many people seem to like the D50 better than the newer D40. I think you'll be very happy with it.

Well, I am getting it tomorrow afternoon. Meeting him around 3pm and I CAN NOT WAIT to own this thing.

Thanks, all!

I appreciate all the input and suggestions. I look forward to sharing new shots from the new rig with you all.

Most reactions

Back