Opinion needed

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by jocose, Nov 29, 2005.

1. jocose

jocose TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I took these at my friend's Halloween Party, and I've been looking at them and looking at them. They were taken (obviously) in low light, with no flash, and no tripod. Slow speeds and my shakey hands don't usually go well, but I just can't decide if I like these or not.

I've seen a bunch of you do some really cool pics intentionally keeping things out of focus, so I just don't know if these are good or not.

Anyway, I'm looking for good, honest, strong constructive criticism. But bear in mind I wasn't actually going for this look. If they look good, then I would love advice on how to recreate the effect.

Thanks as always.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Rapala46

Rapala46 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Ok, well, I don't like the pictures themselves. I really dont want to be offensive or anything, its just that i don't think the pictures are anything. BUT, i do like elements of the pictures. For example: in the first one, the guy's hand is blurry, giving the effect that he is moving his hand, which i think is cool. Maybe if you could get someone to stand still and just move their arm or hand back and forth as they smoke that cigarette. Also, in the last one, (and the first for that matter) i like the blur of the cigarette cherry.

Not-so-hot-pictures, good elements. Awesome. Keep it up with the cigarettes though

3. jocose

jocose TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    no offense taken. I personally like the pics, but I know what's going on...they aren't wonderful shots, but they are good experiment shots.

Thanks for the comments!

Keep em coming.

4. terri

terri Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I would agree - good experiments. I think the second image is the strongest, because it's got better focus, and the costume is funny with that pose and cigarette. :thumbup: The third is "almost" there, just a bit too much movement for me. :)

5. shandie8

shandie8 TPF Noob!

I really like the second one, the expression,and lighting and dof works well in my opinion.

6. jocose

jocose TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    thanks for the comments. I appreciate your input.

But I have to admit that I'm a little disappointed that no one noticed that the halo is hanging over his head unattached--I photoshopped out the headband :lol:

Oh, and if anyone is interested, his costume is "the Angel of Sex," Death's lesser known brother. He apparently is the angel that greets you and bestows earth-moving sex...not religious experiences, because that is the Big Man himself, but just the earth-shattering stuff, that's the Angel of Sex.

Yea, my friends are a little sad, eh?