opinion on cams

jocose

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.musingsofjocose.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
OK, I'm posting this in the off-topics for 2 reasons: 1) that way people will see it :lol: and 2) it's research for my future brother-in-law, and I'm not as hard-pressed to get really sound answers (is that bad??).

Anyway, he just called and asked me if I knew anything about these cameras:

Kodak EasyShare (don't know if that's its own model or what)
Canon PowerShot A620

He's looking at the Kodak for his parents, who he says are completely computer illiterate, and he thought that this would be good as they can just mount it to the docking station and print pics.

He's looking at the canon for himself as a way to get into digital photography. I know that used to be into photography and has a 35mm with some lenses, but I don't think wants more than pics for memories of the honeymoon, etc.

Anyway, just looking for some things to tell him about them.

Thanks as always.

[implore]Stay as far away from Kodak point and shoots as is humanly possible[/implore]

Detail is awful, colors are always off...Canon makes much better small digis.

The powershot has some great reviews. A friend just bought one, although I haven't talked to her since she bought it.

clarinetJWD said:
[implore]Stay as far away from Kodak point and shoots as is humanly possible[/implore]

Detail is awful, colors are always off...Canon makes much better small digis.

Really? I shot with a Kodak Point and Shoot for about a year and loved it. The colors were great and the detail was pretty good. I won a few contests with it actually for my super macro shots. :scratch:

We have a Canon P&S now and they're both really good cameras. I'd do like MCE suggested and read up on them on dpreview.com.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back