Opinion on the following lenses?

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm just curious to see what the opinions are for these lenses because I don't really know much about them. I tried to put them in categories I could have gotten mixed up on some. In the attempted groups, which is the better one?

-Nikon 60mm f/2.8G ED AF-S Micro-Nikkor Lens
-Tamron 18-250mm F/3.5-6.3 AF Di-II LD Aspherical (IF) Macro Lens

-Nikon 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED IF AF-S VR Zoom Nikkor Lens
-Nikon 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED IF AF-S DX VR [Vibration Reduction] Zoom Nikkor Lens
-Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di-II LD SP ZL Aspherical (IF) Zoom Lens with Built In Motor
-Tamron AF 24-135mm f/3.5-5.6 SP AD Aspherical (IF) Lens
-Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical Lens

-Nikon 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6 AF-S DX VR ED Nikkor

I'm definitely a lens n00b so I would appreciate it if you gave opinions on the quality of whichever ones you know about :]
I especially don't know anything about Tamron.

[PS: I have a Nikon d70, I'm new to photography]

I'm just curious to see what the opinions are for these lenses because I don't really know much about them. I tried to put them in categories I could have gotten mixed up on some. In the attempted groups, which is the better one? Better for what?

-Nikon 60mm f/2.8G ED AF-S Micro-Nikkor Lens (good macro lens though a bit short on focal length)
-Tamron 18-250mm F/3.5-6.3 AF Di-II LD Aspherical (IF) Macro Lens (Not really a Macro lens (advertising hype). Super zooms (12x+ magnification) are jack-of-all-trades, master-of-none lenses, even Nikon's.)

-Nikon 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED IF AF-S VR Zoom Nikkor Lens (One of Nikons best lens values, worth every penny. Not fast enough for low light use)
-Nikon 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED IF AF-S DX VR [Vibration Reduction] Zoom Nikkor Lens (Decent inexpensive kit lens with goos sharp focus when used in the right aperture and focal range.)
-Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di-II LD SP ZL Aspherical (IF) Zoom Lens with Built In Motor
-Tamron AF 24-135mm f/3.5-5.6 SP AD Aspherical (IF) Lens
-Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical Lens

-Nikon 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6 AF-S DX VR ED Nikkor (Like the 55-200 another viable kit lens when used properly)

I'm definitely a lens n00b so I would appreciate it if you gave opinions on the quality of whichever ones you know about :]
I especially don't know anything about Tamron.

[PS: I have a Nikon d70, I'm new to photography]
You can find lens reviews all over the Internet if you do a little searching.

Places like www.dpreview.com are good. Not all lenses are reviewed there though.

you can get the 55-200 nikkor af vr dx lens from cameta camera on ebay for $150 plus shipping roughly. they got a batch of them. i delt with them before for lenses and they were great.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back