opinions about the canon eos rebel g?

Davidjackman24

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
hey i have never bought a camera but the canon EOS rebel G caught my eye.

I found a reasonable deal with a 28-80 zoom lens and shoulder strap for 40 dollars.

thats what I wanted to spend for a body and I was planning to upgrade the lens and I will soon if i purchase.

do you guys think that is a good camera?

I'd say go for it. I have a couple of Canons from before the G, and after the G came out, and I really like them. If you want to find out the specs on the camera go to: http://www.canon.com/camera-museum/camera/film/series_eos.html

I have the A2, Elan II, EOS Rebel XS N Date (though mine has GII on it, and no date function), and the Elan 7E. I had a Rebel XS, but just recently sold it.

Welcome aboard.

That should be a good starting camera. The best part is that any lenses for it, will be compatible with any other EOS cameras, including Digital SLR models.

I have always found the Canon cameras to be very user friendly from the early EOS's (630, et al) up to the newer models. If you can shoot a roll through it first, so much the better.

The camera is from 2003 so its not very early i dont think?

It seems like a good deal though im pretty sure im going for it.

I like the idea of how any eos lens will fit on it. so in a while if im upgrading to a digital slr eos camera I can keep my lens.

Thanks for all of your help.

Most reactions

Back