Opinions of the best camera for motorsports

Thanks for all the responses. My head is kinda spinning with everything I've been reading lol. I would say I'll stick to my current camera, and just buy some good EF glass so I have it if I go FF, but I can't get past the slow FPS and low ISO.

Sounds like a good plan and in motor sports chances are you won't be too limited by cutting out EF-S lenses.

I'm not 100% sure on USA prices, but if I were you I'd have a serious look at the 70-200mm f2.8 lens ranges on offer (ideally if you can afford it the IS MII is the best their is for Canon). You might also consider the Sigma 120-300mm f2.8 OS Sport, its more expensive (I've a feeling it might be at the upper limit for your budget), but it gives you a touch more reach. Have a look at the shots you've gotten and see if you make much use of the 70-120mm ish range. You will want to get a monopod with that lens, it is heavier and will fatigue you quicker (70-200mm f2.8 are typically quite easy to adapt to hand holding for long periods of time).

Otherwise its really a case of sitting down and working out what you really want and need from a new lens(es).

I committed to the option of getting better lenses for now. I got a deal on a 50mm and I'm still looking at some 70-200 and 85's with good prices.

I thought before, about selling what I have and get a Nikon, but I just can't see getting enough out of what I have now to get even a good used body that I like. But, a brand switch isn't out of the question totally, just not possible for a while.

I'm selling my 70-200 f/2.8L IS MK I

But more on topic, a good teleconvertor will go a long way depending on how close you can get to the action. My 70-200 was good at Summit Point with a crop camera, but that track is like all access.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back