• Photo 2

Votes: 10 27.8%

• Total voters

o hey tyler

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I work for a local newspaper in Maine, and I had to hurry out of work today after I put the paper to bed to take a photo for the cover of "Midcoast Life" (Which will be paginated Wednesday and Thursday). It's a monthly publication that I am stuck doing the cover photography for. So, I ask you; what one is better? I have until Thursday at 1:00 PM EST to make a decision. Thanks!

3835541836_a164501220_b.jpg

3834741541_a85b6ca020_b.jpg

I chose #1 because of the simplicity of it. It looks more like an appealing shot compared to #2 in my eyes. So for marketing sakes I'll go with appealing.

#2 just looks like a snap shot to me anyways.

Congrats on the cover :thumbup:

The first one has contrasting colors in the header,that make it pop,IMO,and the picture is great also!

although both are good but i think 2nd one looks better.
not sure if i was suppose to tell which one i voted for or not :$

I voted for #2, as it captures my eye, with different things going on, then a beautiful single flower. My mind was looking all over the page at all of the details, (and hopefully headlines to draw me into the magazine). However, you can't go wrong with either one. Great work.

-Andy

#1 has better copy space. Even with the limited text you have on there now (I assume there will be more by the time it's published...), you can clearly see how much cleaner it looks.

Personally, I like the second shot, although not as many people do. The green leads in to the yellow grass, and I think it draws the reader into the magazine. I think as a cover shot it's a lot more practical.

Thanks for all the opinions so far guys, I appreciate it.

If you have more text to fill in the right side of the image, I'd go with #1 hands down. But with the current text, it looks very empty.

Based on the two images alone, I'd vote #1
Based on the two covers with the text as is, I'd vote #2
Based on the two covers with more text, I'd vote #1

You work for a paper? Not exactly something a beginner photographer does.

Wrong forum.

Thanks for your lack of input.

I may work for a paper, but I had just recently got into photography in the last 7-8 months, and I am completely self taught and still learning a lot. I don't see how this pollutes the forum or is the "wrong forum". I needed a cover choice and this seems to be a fairly active place to get ideas.

Before I vote I would like to see the rest of the image in both cases. Or is this really the format of the magazine?

Before I vote I would like to see the rest of the image in both cases. Or is this really the format of the magazine?

This is the format for the publication. I think that's all that's going to be on the cover (as far as I know). So I cropped them to the necessary dimensions, and threw the header, and did a small amount of post processing.

Most reactions

Back