Opinions on another photo.

Stilltime

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm not crazy about the crop, but I wanted to get the car and garbage cans out of the background. I was trying to play around with getting some decent shots of moving subjects, and he was hauling buggy, so I don't think I did too bad (in manual mode!). I increased the saturation a tiny bit, but one of his eyes is kind of shaded, and I'm not sure how I can lighten him up a bit without making him brown (instead of his true blue-black) colour. I shot it in raw but have no idea how that works for making adjustments, if at all.

bball222.jpg

Best of the shots I have seen from you yet. The objects in motion thing is easy enough with the right shutter speed you freeze the motion with a slower shutter speed you will get blur

I'm not crazy about the crop, but I wanted to get the car and garbage cans out of the background. I was trying to play around with getting some decent shots of moving subjects, and he was hauling buggy, so I don't think I did too bad (in manual mode!).
A Beginners Guide to Capturing Motion in Your Photography

Mastering Panning - Photographing Moving Subjects

I increased the saturation a tiny bit, but one of his eyes is kind of shaded, and I'm not sure how I can lighten him up a bit without making him brown (instead of his true blue-black) colour.
Open the RAW file in Digital Photo Professional and then click on the RAW tab. Go to White balance adjustment and then you can either use the eye dropper and try for a custom white balance (you click on something white or neutral grey in the photo) or you can try the different settings to see if you can get your image a little cooler (will appear slightly more blue). Try playing with the Picture Styles options too. Gives you different color variations.

I shot it in raw but have no idea how that works for making adjustments, if at all.

RAW vs JPEG.

A Beginners Guide to Capturing Motion in Your Photography

Mastering Panning - Photographing Moving Subjects

Open the RAW file in Digital Photo Professional and then click on the RAW tab. Go to White balance adjustment and then you can either use the eye dropper and try for a custom white balance (you click on something white or neutral grey in the photo) or you can try the different settings to see if you can get your image a little cooler (will appear slightly more blue). Try playing with the Picture Styles options too. Gives you different color variations.

RAW vs JPEG.

Thanx!

Most reactions

Back