Opinions on Photo's

...and not a standard photo size.. so it will not print right...
One shouldn't be afraid to crop for the composition rather than a "standard" photo size. They print fine, and just need trimmed.

Very true, but it is easier for your lab if you crop for standard sizes. But his crop killed the image.

The crop looks good Jeffro, have you tried to take some blue out? Actually blue and cyan.

And if you have other shots I would try them over the others that you already posted.

This is for a digital competition amongst the 40 members or so. We will be doing a art walk and those shots will need to be framed. But right now I dont have to worry about framing... THAT IS NEXT MONTH! :) But thanks alot cause I was not thinking about that when I was messing in elements...

OK I AM CHANGING SOME OF the photos I first posted too see how they stack up! Let me know what you think

NEW SHOTS

lakemartin1a.jpg

DSC_0267-1.jpg

DSC_0231.jpg

Urban1a-1.jpg

Last edited:
the clone looks great..could use a little more touching up.. i can see some smudges where you cloned.. zoom in to around 200% and you should be able to clean it up really well.. and i wouldnt touch the blue, as has been suggested.. i LOVE the blue.. its what draws me to the picture

...and not a standard photo size.. so it will not print right...
One shouldn't be afraid to crop for the composition rather than a "standard" photo size. They print fine, and just need trimmed.

Very true, but it is easier for your lab if you crop for standard sizes. But his crop killed the image.

Just so you know I was giving this as general information, not commenting on his crop.

this is very true... but its a ***** to find a decent frame.. unless you go custom..
Picture framers need to eat too!
My partner is a framer. :)

In my short experience (several months) of competition critiques of all entered images (often over 100), one comment that occurs frequently is about not being afraid to crop to the composition. So, like I said above, I just wanted to throw that out there as an FYI for everybody, as a counter argument. I have seen too many people here use rules too firmly (not you NG) in C&C.

Jeffro, you have some really nice images, and can see why you are having a hard time deciding.

Good luck!
Competitions are fun!

Last edited:
I like the bus lines, but find the one yellow street lamp distracting.

1 Those are not bus lights hehehehe that is a straight truck like a big uhaul... really not important just thought yall would like to know and I kinda thought that is what made the picture!

2 I will edit the street light if I can figure it out! It did bother me too some what!

3. Really you think the background is to bright behind the hook???? I want a second opinion HEHEHEHE LOL

Last edited:
1 Those are not bus lights hehehehe that is a straight truck like a big uhaul... really not important just thought yall would like to know and I kinda thought that is what made the picture!

2 I will edit the street light if I can figure it out! It did bother me too some what!

3. Really you think the background is to bright behind the hook???? I want a second opinion HEHEHEHE LOL

Here is the new edit on the Lake Scene!

lakemartin1b.jpg

No, no, no Jeffro, that isn't what I meant.

Yes, the background is too bright, now hush up and get to processing!! LOL

I think it is only the really high tail lights, but Jeweler is distracted by the yellow light. Do you have any other street shots?

I like the bus lines, but find the one yellow street lamp distracting.

Ok question? Which light the orange one in the back and how would I change or edit that since the tree behind it picks up a ton of the light from it?

if it is the orange one, you could clone it out, and then use the burn tool on the tree to knock down some of the brightness..

Most reactions

Back