Opinions on White House Custom Color printing lab

dhilberg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm looking for some opinions on White House Custom Color. I read this morning's DPS newsletter and it talks about WHCC. I've never heard of them.

If you've used them, your opinions?

I've used MPIX.com, but to be brutally honest I didn't notice any quality difference between them and my local Walmart.

I did a search but the information I was looking for didn't come up, i.e. a thread on WHCC.

Thanks.

I find a definate jump in quality between MPIX and WalMart, though I haven't gone to Walmart in years since I began refusing 50% of their prints, they may have improved. WHCC is as good as Mpix. I generally use Mpix though b/c they have about a 2 day turn around even w/o upgrading shipping and I have never had a complaint w/ their quality. I turned to WHCC on 2 occasions though b/c they had a different print size for panoramas and another size that I needed that Mpix didn't have. They will first send you like 10 free 8x10s so you can see their quality. It's a nice touch, but if you're crunched for time, it's one more delay. I would rate them just as good as Mpix and there is little difference in price.

WHCC is a nice lab. I have used them several times. They do good quality work and are very responsive to questions. They offer the full range of services and products you would expect.

Thanks for the advice. I might have to give them a try.

I shouldn't say that MPIX quality isn't good. I think that's the way my post came off. I was rather impressed with the quality of the MPIX prints, and was even more impressed that Walmart's prints were about the same. MPIX has more options though.

I haven't used MPIX but what I like about WHCC is that they are not really open to the general public. They make you submit test prints as a part of the account process in order for you to check the calibration of your hardware. I would posit that labs that are geared towards the professional clientele might have a higher standard than more general labs. But I'm not at all saying MPIX is below that level; I can't comment on them since I've never used them.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back