Opinions please *9 pics*

pursuer said:
One question, do you think the doorway being so blown out in the 7th shot ruins it?

not really, but that's my opinion. i've found that taking two shots of the same scene; exposing for interior and exterior separately, you can layer in PS with nice results. hope that made sense :D

very nice work on these. gotta get that filter one day!

pursuer said:
Thanks alot everyone :) Your comments are greatly appreciated.

One question, do you think the doorway being so blown out in the 7th shot ruins it?
I think that there are two schools of thought on what is blown out vs. what is art of light. I think it all depends on the image itself and what you as an artist are trying to convey. Did you want us to see what is on the other side of the door looking out or did you what us to feel the confinement of this small place with the light coming in? There are so many different opinions over something being blown out. Some of us just see white in a picture and say too bad it's blown out and others see the light as a part of the art itself. Myself I like that the doorway in #7 is showing us light and keeping us confined inside, I probably would like to see it more blown out but I’m nuts that way. What is important is what you like as the artist of the shot!

Most reactions

Back