Opinions welcomed..Image imbeded.

Thanks Amanda, I like the colour perspectives. Im tempted to play with it & see how it print's....Which bring's me to another Question, What details are required to print an image correctly ?? CMYK, what sort of resoloution etc ??

i like the original and the toned version (toned best). the bw could have taken more contrast from the original, experiment.

cj76, about printing. first problem is contiguous tones. of you have edited the picture it is possible that you will end up with blobs that weren't there in the beginning. that is because the monitor doesn't support a high a number of different gradient tones as paper does.
second problem is that the colour space you normally use in editing and making pics is RGB, w3hich is greater than a printer's CMYK space. so, you may loose some colours (they won't look like you thought).
third and last fmpov is naturally resolution, you would need 4Mpix to print a A5 print in full resolution and 6Mpix for an A4. However, i have made A4 prints from 3Mpix and the difference is 9/10 unnoticeable. Noise only becomes a problem at 1Mpix but even then they aren't that noticeable because of the size of the print.
Oh, yeah and the normal printing resolution is 267ppi. But, as i said above, it is not absolutely necesssary (unless yu are dealing with very sharp subjects, there you may sense the difference).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back