Opinions??

ababysean

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took this today, inside a very poorly lit museum of art...

I don't really understand ISO, but I had mine set on auto and I'm wondering if the camera upped it because the original image is so grainy.

But I did some pp on it and I think it looks ok?

2ztfs53.jpg

If you think it looks okay, that's what counts. I'll not comment on colour as my monitor at work is less than accurate in that area, but in terms of general composition, a couple of thoughts:

1. The stair rail acts as a leading line which draws the eye away from the child and out of the image via the upper, RH corner.

2. The right side of her face appears about 1/2 - 2/3 stop under-exposed.

I think you could have overcome both issues by having her sit on the other side of the stairs, and up one or two higher, taking advantage of the light that's coming through. As it is, her face is shaded by the bannister.

All of that said, it's still a cute portrait of a child.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

haha thanks! yea, she sits where she wants and that is that! So I try to snap away...
The stair was really pretty I thought and with the green in the background, I love it, but when I got home, put it on my computer it was so grainy I was so sad.

First let me say you have a very cute girl.

I like the expression of her face you did a very good job there.

Regarding the pp done I think it is too warm (saturated) and her skin is too red. It may be a personal opinion.

She really is a cutie :)

But I do have some issues... What with the color of the stairs and her clothes, she looks positively orange! Plus we can barely see her eyes.
also, I agree with whoever said that the railing is distracting.

haha with the orange! She is Mexican with very strong Indian roots. She IS orange.

Most reactions

Back