Opinions?

JeffieLove

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Looking for more opinions on this shot :)

I saturated a few colors, and in LR slid the clarity slider ALL THE WAY DOWN! I think it looks adorable, and the girls mom LOVES it :) This was one of the little girls in my daughter's ballet class this spring :)

Lemme know what you think :)

Oh, and please ignore the watermark :) I put watermarks on all of my flickr stuff ....

4669924139_8f041eabbb.jpg

That was shot with the nifty fifty?

Good image. The dance studio works well as a neutral-colored background

psh, yeah - it was shot with my shifty fifty which is currently en route to canon in NJ to be "evaluated"...

Don't even ask lol - it's too much to explain!

I evaluated mine myself, it's a flimsy piece of plastic crap that autofocuses about as consistently as a coin flip.

I do love it though..

But when I get a better one I'm selling it stat.

yeah... here's the short version of the story on mine...

I was using AF during my daughter's recital on Wednesday... It worked fine for the first 10 minutes or so... The lighting did not change, or anything...

After the first 10 minutes, I had to use MF. AF would focus all the way out, clunk a couple times, and stop. The end. No more AF.

This shot was done in MF.

I hope I was able to explain the problem easily enough to Canon so they know what's wrong with it. If it comes back to me doing the same things or they say it's not broken, I'm selling it. Point blank lol

LOL!

Mine clunks too! I've heard from lots of people on the Canon forums that theirs clunk as well.

Awful noise isn't it?

So far mine's still working though, it just rarely gets it right.

Very nice shot! I like the colors, and the soft/not too soft feel. Precious moment you captured too.

freakin precious!

man, no one sees anything wrong with this at all?

I'm not saying I do, but I have never had a photo that had nothing wrong with it lol...

The only slightly negative comment I have had was that a couple people wished they could see more of her face... But other than that... nothing bad... Jeez... lol

I evaluated mine myself, it's a flimsy piece of plastic crap that autofocuses about as consistently as a coin flip.

I do love it though..

But when I get a better one I'm selling it stat.

Excellent post on the Canon 50mm f/1.8 EF-II lens and its character...it's one of the cheeziest lenses Canon has ever made.

Before I add my 2 cents... I just want to say that I LOVE this photograph. :)

The only adjustment I would make is to the white balance/levels... IMHO the original is just a hair to bright... but as usual that may be just me.

I've included a quick edit that I did... just to show what I mean.

Original:

My thoughts:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back