Opinions?

PerfectlyFlawed

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.feliciakelsayphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I went into 'Bookmans' today to get rid of a Video game console...and walked right by cameras...lenses... *jaw drops* Yeah yeah yeah... First time in one of those stores and completely unaware they had this kind of stuff.. so i was lovin' it.

Anyway... I noticed a Tamron Lens;28-200mm F/3.8-5.6 ?? I believe.. was older but AF if I noted correctly.. Marked for 40 bucks. Looks pretty clean inside/out. BUT, it wouldnt fit on an older nikon SLR body they had there...(figured all nikon would hook up the same fit). I assume an adapter can be ordered for correct fitting if not..

I googled it.. and I didnt have a whole lot of luck.

My question is though...Does anyone have this or use this lens? is it Crap?

Jeez, That brings back memories. I used to live in Tucson.

Bookmans, was one of my favorite stores. I went through a lot of books.

Sorry, no help on the lens.

First of all, was it in fact a Nikon mount? Nikon has used the F Mount for fifty plus years now, so I suspect it may have been Canon, Pentax, or some other maker.

Tamron is a 'third-party' manufacturer of lenses who make some decent glass, but mostly 'consumer-grade'. That particular lens, IIRC, was one of the first ultra-long FL lenses, and isn't especially good. It's a decent walk-around, snapshot lens, but that's about it. At $40.00 however, if it did fit and work, I'd snap it up just 'cause.

Most reactions

Back