Opinions

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by savannah, Dec 18, 2006.

1. savannah

savannah TPF Noob!

I just recently found two cameras while rummaging through some things. I think they may be pretty old. The first one is a Canon AE-1 with an attachable flash ( Sunpak auto 221 D) and the next one is an Optima II S. The Canon, I think might be a digital because it has a pretty good sized LCD screen, but I'm not sure if film cameras can have an LCD too. Th next one I think is just your basic film camera. The shutter button on the Optima isn't a button at all, actually. It is a lever. If you know anything about these cameras, please let me know. Thanks!
    Savannah

2. ivar

ivar TPF Noob!

Hi Savannah,

I'm not sure about the Optima, but I know about the Canon AE-1. I have one myself. It's a film slr. Still quite a few people use it actually and like it. I'm not sure about what you mean with the LCD part?

3. Torus34

Torus34 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Both are 35mm. The Canon is a SLR which uses interchangeable lenses. The Optima is a rangefinder with a fixed [not interchangeable] lens. If you are interested in using either of them, your first step is to locate the instruction manuals. They are available on line.

4. savannah

savannah TPF Noob!

Thank you both! I just found out yesterday that my aunt was using the Canon for professional photography. I'm so excited! Now I have a good film camera and a good digital. Thank you guys! I can't wait to start shooting!