oldd_cassettes

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i haven't taken photos in AGES!
and im finally back on this site with some new pictures
that i would love to have feedback on, so id appreciate it
if you would let me know what you think!

Picture003-1.jpg

Picture015.jpg

Picture017-3.jpg

Picture022.jpg

Last edited:
its a good effort you have put in, but, except for the lady, your pictures look very dark (underexposed) and lonely to me. I have a couple of skyline photos as yours - invite you to have a look here : http://www.turboshots.net/featured/en/skylines/skylines_g_en.html.

think about your aim : what message you wish to convey through these pictures and whether they are strong enough for people to remember them. did you consider having a subject in your pictures ? think how dramatic it would have been if there was the silhouette of an old man with a stick at the right hand side of the frame of your third photograph, or a flock of birds and so on.

one more thought, try clicking the lady under golden sunlight with the same ornament she's wearing (or perhaps a shiny cross...) - she would look even prettier. :)

All I see is window in the first. The others, except the girl, look rather dark and don't have much in the way of subjects.

Try doing what sayambhu has said above and you should get some real good results!

Your in the right direction!

thanks for the replies! yeah i can see that the other pictures are darker but does anyone have any better ideas on how to remove noise? thats the main reason i have to darken my pictures so much rather than the one i took of me with a lamp thats why thats so bright hah but i always have trouble with outdoor pictures because of noise, so any tips would really be appreciated

thanks for the replies! yeah i can see that the other pictures are darker but does anyone have any better ideas on how to remove noise? thats the main reason i have to darken my pictures so much rather than the one i took of me with a lamp thats why thats so bright hah but i always have trouble with outdoor pictures because of noise, so any tips would really be appreciated

yes my friend, thats why we are in the forum - to help each other out ! :D

can we please have the make(s) and model(s) of the equipment you use ? the theory of reducing noise is like this :

The lower ISO (or ASA as it is also called) value of the film you use, that is, the lesser light sensitive your film is, the lesser noise you get. For instance, if you use an ISO 100 film, you'll get much lesser noise (nearly no noise at all) than an ISO 400 or ISO 800 film.

Same is the issue with digital cameras. You'll find an "ISO Number" dialog if you stroll through the settings of your camera. Always keep it to the minimum value to avoid noise.

Now when do you use a higher sensitive ISO number, that is ISO 400 or higher ? - When you are working in low light conditions, or when you're doing sports photography or something similar where you want to freeze a moving subject. You'll have some noise, but you'll also get a faster speed. So just for example, at a constant light condition at, say, f/8 aperture :

ISO 100 will give you 1/30" shutter speed = (slower but less noise)
ISO 200 will give you 1/50" shutter speed
ISO 400 will give you 1/60" shutter speed
ISO 800 will give you 1/80" shutter speed = (faster but more noise)

Outdoor pictures shouldn't have noise since there is enough light outside... indoor pictures however can. (are you sure you talked about the right thing ? Let us know...)

There are also a couple of softwares I use that can remove noise nicely - Adobe Photoshop 9 CS2 (or CS3) has the option. Also Adobe Lightroom 1.1 and Nero PhotoSnap Viewer can reduce effective noise comprehensively.

Hope this helps. cheerio !

PS : the lady is you ?! :idea:

yes the digital camera im using currently is a canon powershot A520
(definitely nothing special!) i have the ISO setting on my canon but it is automatically set on most of the settings i use on my camera, besides when i turn the dial to the TV , AV, etc. settings, that is only when i can change the ISO, but im going to try and mess around with my camera as much as i can later on and ill be sure to let you know if your advice helped =]

& yes that sure is haha

thank you! your reply is appreciated =]

Most reactions

Back