Opinions?

Discussion in 'General Critical Analysis' started by MrJimmyJazz, Sep 4, 2007.

1. MrJimmyJazz

MrJimmyJazz TPF Noob!

2. meotter

meotter TPF Noob!

the image is out of focus, is this taken with a camera phone?

also if possible try to imbed the image into the post so people don't have to click on a link (some people are lazy like that, plus it makes it easier to reference when typing critiques)

3. The_Traveler

The_Traveler Completely Counter-dependent Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    In regards to the picture, my guess is that the 'hearts' formed because the camera/cellphone was jogged a bit during the slow exposure. Except for the transient novelty of the 'hearts', the picture itself doesn't have much going for it - no composition, no sharpness.

4. meotter

meotter TPF Noob!

i originally thought that the camera moved during the exposure and originally suggested that the OP get a tripod, but then noticed that the other lights in the image don't have the same "heart shaped" movement to them, and assumed that the red lights are meant to be that shape... what do you think?

5. The_Traveler

The_Traveler Completely Counter-dependent Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I think that the smaller lights show the movement more than the larger more diffuse and closer lights lights. Even one of the streets lights show a 'lobe' (see upper right).

The smaller the light the clearer the path of the jog shows (see lower left).
    I'm sticking with the camera-movement theory.

[​IMG]

6. meotter

meotter TPF Noob!

point taken... i was looking mostly at the center larger light and the red traffic light underneath it, when trying to figure out the movement, but you're spot on with the smaller reflection lights or whatever.

hence, i'd like to reinstate my original comment that i deleted, get a tripod :)