Opinions

Sounds a little like my roommate from last year. He would have the TV tuned to the VH1 soul channel constantly (i.e. any time he was in the room, including going to sleep). Whenever he woke up in the morning he would open the window curtains to let the light in (whether or not my other roommate and I were still sleeping). And he was loud as heck on the phone. I pretty much just put up with it for the year.

This year I got to choose my roommates, so life is much better. Not to mention that the room itself is a lot nicer -- it's an apartment-style dorm (2-bedrooms + common room + kitchen + bathroom). ;-)

Yeah I'm def. getting an apartment next year. The sad thing is, he thinks I'm going to get one with him. I personally think one major issue is majority. I'm not sure how he is in my "grade." He turns 18 this Saturday, I turn 19 in a month. At least I'm hoping that is the reason, or he is just a pure ass hole, please pardon the language. But I know I didn't act the way he is acting a year ago.

You have to live with the guy all year. Just sit him down and talk to him and try to work out some ground rules you can both live with.

And buy some earplugs. Honestly, with the light turned off and the TV turned away from you, you can probably sleep just fine. There will be nights you'll want to be up working on a term paper all night and he'll want to sleep - it's give and take.

Ahh the battles from first year

The usual volume-up-in-increments battles, the curtain-openings, the leaving-the-door-opens, the listening-to-crap-to-sleep-or-wake-ups

Iraq had nothing on the covert ops going on in our dorm room. Guy was a tool, too.

At least he doesn't have sex with you in the room like my first roommate, forget to shower for months at a time like my second, or give you a black eye like my third...

It could be worse, you know!

At least he doesn't have sex with you in the room like my first roommate, forget to shower for months at a time like my second, or give you a black eye like my third...

It could be worse, you know!

I'd word that slightly different. For those of us reading that at 7am, we might comprehend it incorrectly. :p

The TV was turned away from me slightly, but in this small of a room it doesn't matter. And I can't wear ear plugs because I would not hear alarm, once I'm out I'm a deep sleeper anyways. But what makes me mad isn't necessarily that he was playing, it was that he was actually planning on playing all night when he did not have class the next day and could easily play all day while no one was trying to sleep. Yes it could be worse, but this guy is making me take ativans so I don't rip his head off. Which I could do quite easily I'm quite large and well he is quite small. While I'm ranting I might as well add that at the beginning of the year he said "I don't watch TV" so he did no chip in for the cable. Yet I seem to always walk in and he is watching the TV. Normally not even good TV it is like cartoons and stuff.

Reword: "At least he didn't have sex with a Russian slut and beached whale in the same room as you, while you lay quietly as your soul died"

Can't see whats wrong with Russian girls!

Wonder, what the whale was doing there at that time though :lmao:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back