Opteka 2.2x Telephoto Lens

mrodgers

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok, so I've had my simple Fuji S5700/700 for a few days now. Takes great pictures for me. When I was looking up the camera online I came across this lens kit at Amazon. It has a telephoto and wide angle lens that you mount over the existing lens of the camera. Also, for only $89, you get a camera bag, tabletop tripod, full tripod, several filters, and other stuff. I looked up the lenses and they retail for $49 for the tele and something similar for the wide angle. That alone is more than what the kit is at Amazon.

Do these lenses like this that fit overtop your existing non-SLR camera's lens work well? I think I've read that there is 2.2x and 3.2x available. Also, are they easy to put on and take off or is it a hassle? Sounds like a good idea when you don't have the cash for the decent stuff and only have this little stuff like my Fuji S5700/700.

If they're useless, then I wouldn't bother. Any non-DSLR users have any experience with this type of lenses?

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
They work ok. Not the best.
Opteka is a pretty junky brand to be honest...I mean....49 bucks for a lens? Think about that.

They're easy to put on usually.

89 bucks for all that...doesn't seem like ANY of the stuff would be good.

But if you're really interested in experimenting it may be worth it just for the two filters and see what you get.

I agree with Sideburns yet again You get what you pay 4. Unless u find a good deal. But I have been looking for a 2x tele and I've been 2 several stores and the more expensive the better quality the pics looked. If your not sure on a brand go to a camera shop that carries it and try it on your camera (if they will let you)

They work ok. Not the best.
Opteka is a pretty junky brand to be honest...I mean....49 bucks for a lens? Think about that.

They're easy to put on usually.

89 bucks for all that...doesn't seem like ANY of the stuff would be good.

But if you're really interested in experimenting it may be worth it just for the two filters and see what you get.
Thanks for the thoughts. Opteka? I'm new and haven't a clue of any lens manufacturers. $49? Same thoughts, it's just a slip on 2x lens. Not like it's a $200 lens for a DSLR. I have no clue about the quality, nor how much stuff like this goes for. Tis why I asked :D

Thanks Sideburns and Happy Hour. The thoughts are much appreciated. I'll have to check out different lenses in a shop if I can find a shop. It would be great to get 2x out of my current camera, but without huge expense. If I had money to toss around, I would have just gone with a DSLR in the first place. I'm fine playing with just the camera for now though. Having fun trying to figure out what all this aperture and stuff is all about.

Actually, Amazon does have just the tele lens for something like $20. That's not too bad to go for just to try and toss away if it doesn't work out well.

Thanks for the thoughts. Opteka? I'm new and haven't a clue of any lens manufacturers. $49? Same thoughts, it's just a slip on 2x lens. Not like it's a $200 lens for a DSLR. I have no clue about the quality, nor how much stuff like this goes for. Tis why I asked :D

Thanks Sideburns and Happy Hour. The thoughts are much appreciated. I'll have to check out different lenses in a shop if I can find a shop. It would be great to get 2x out of my current camera, but without huge expense. If I had money to toss around, I would have just gone with a DSLR in the first place. I'm fine playing with just the camera for now though. Having fun trying to figure out what all this aperture and stuff is all about.

Actually, Amazon does have just the tele lens for something like $20. That's not too bad to go for just to try and toss away if it doesn't work out well.

Yes, I think the 20 bucks os worth it to try.

My piont being is that 49 bucks even for a single piece of glass...is cheap.

A quality polarizing filter is 80-150 bucks. This is not glass that has been shaped or anything. It's only purpose is to polarize light.

A quality UV filter is around 80 bucks. Just a clear piece of glass with chemical coatings.

Now, the Opteka glass thinger for 49 dollars is supposed to double your focal length, for less than a UV filter. That's what I'm saying.

a 200 dollar SLR lens is also probably a cheap low quality thing. That's not saying they won't make sharp pictures...but they won't be the same as a lens that you paid 600 dollars or more for.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back