Orange Juice

Frank F.

engineering art
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
email_HTT_5727.JPG

I hope to post this little story-like contribution to the right place. Admins feel free to move it. Bare with me, I started today and try to understand the rules and conventions of this friendly place.

email_HTT_5732.JPG

It is about Gary, preparing an Orange Juice for my breakfast ... right from the tree in his garden into a jug. Wow was that sweet in many respects!

email_HTT_5733.JPG

email_HTT_5734.JPG

email_HTT_5737.JPG

emailversion__KC1_9172.JPG

Last edited:
Can someone tell me if this should be that way?

Thank you

Frank

Yep something went terribly wrong,should not be that way.The second image that I assume is Gary only about a 1/4 of the image is showing up everything else is greyed out,at least that is what I am seeing. Welcome!

Thank you. After four trials the image came out right.

Does it look OK to you now?

Last edited:
Thank you. After four trials the image came out right.

Does it look OK to you now?
The photos are all showing.

One thing you might consider, especially with this many photos, is to insert more text to describe the scene/subject/your thoughts, etc. And maybe number them, although you are not specifically asking for critique.

This is a very well-presented story. Thank you!

Thank you, Designer, for your helpful comment. In this very case I feel the pictures tell the very simple story without words.

But if you want more words I can tell that Gary inspired me somehow to use my AF-S G 1.8/50mm on my D600.

I chose a darkish film like look to present these in an appealing way to my taste, which not every body must agree with.

I always hear critique as something positive. I learn from it: about me, the others, my photos and life in general.

I think there are several things to be said if you are willing to hear critique on individual images.

Yes, give it to me. As long as I am able to comprehend it, everything is fine.

I suggest:

#1 crop to the center of interest

upload_2016-10-24_15-21-13.png

ditto

upload_2016-10-24_15-23-26.png

#4 His hands are very dark and have a strong magenta cast.
The tool has no surface texture, a bit of sharpening helps that.

upload_2016-10-24_15-34-45.png

Attachments

• upload_2016-10-24_15-35-37.png
    upload_2016-10-24_15-35-37.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 142
#5 also too dark but that could be fixed but only the back half of the orange is in focus. that hurts.
My guess is you you focused on the back rim and thus half of your depth of field is wasted.
Shoot slower and use a larger aperture and thus wider DOF.

upload_2016-10-24_15-36-52.png

Last one, the large orange in the foreground is OOF yet attracts attention because it is there and bright.

Thanks for posting this little story. I would also add a shot showing a freshly cut orange before the squeezing, it could be included with the uncut oranges. The last shot shows your friend has plenty of knives for slicing oranges.

Thank you both for your creative input.

The point in #11 is one that makes me shoot manual focus glass more and more.

I strongly feel that oof foreground hurts in most cases, althogh I did not so much in this case, because I felt it to be a moody shoot more than a shoot aiming at perfection.

Wish for the future: reach emotional quality & technical perfection in the same shot more often.

Thank you again!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back