Orange pictures on Nikon D3300

Tiffanyykamm

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm currently taking a professional digital photography course but I just started last week and I just got this for a beginner camera. The Nikon D3300. My little brother was over and got ahold of it and before I realized he had already been messing around with the settings and even took the lense off of it. I'm really worried as I just purchased it and need it for my first assignment due in a week. My pictures are coming out streaking and orange ish. I've tried uploading a pic but it's says the file is too large. I would really appreciate any help. Please don't be rude or mean, I've already admitted I have no idea what I'm doing and I should have put it away before he came over. I just want to get it fixed so I can do my assignment.

How old is this brother of yours? (was he playing with settings or playing with the camera like a building block).

The manual has instructions on how to do a reset to put the camera back to it's initial settings.

With out seeing picture it's really hard to say.If your getting streaking and orange its sound like he may have put something In the camera and possibly damaged the Camera Mirror and or sensor. Looks like your buying another camera. I don't fault you for being a newbie we all where at one time but not to put the camera in a secure place is very irresponsible.

With out seeing picture it's really hard to say.If your getting streaking and orange its sound like he may have put something In the camera and possibly damaged the Camera Mirror and or sensor. Looks like your buying another camera. I don't fault you for being a newbie we all where at one time but not to put the camera in a secure place is very irresponsible.

Well if I put it in auto mode or guide or effects the orange goes away. It's only in manual mode that it comes out orange ish. Which is where I want to be to learn. I attached a link to a quick photo I just took.

And he's 15. He knows better. He thinks he's a tech genius and likes to do stuff like that he drives crazy I should have known better.

Follow this Video and see if this helps if not its damaged goods.

He probably changed the white balance
White balance should be in AUTO1 or something similar
But thE reset above should handle it

I don't see your link.

Without seeing it it's difficult but if I had to guess I'd agree that the white balance has gotten changed. Get a fly-swatter and smack junior if he tries it again (or send him a bill).

He probably changed the white balance
White balance should be in AUTO1 or something similar
But thE reset above should handle it
Guys stop scaring the guy about broken camera, the D3300 is a tough little camera and "astroNikon" is probably correct, little brother probably just changed the White Balance setting.
Simply put the White Balance back to auto and you will be good, if you are not sure how to do that just reset the whole camera setting and it should go back to AWB (Auto White Balance).

Reset the shooting menu. Look to your manual for instruction on how to do it.

I agree it's likely the white balance setting has been changed from Sunlight to Tungsten/Incandescent, which causes a distinct orange color cast to photos.

The D3300 Reference Manual is a PDF file on the software disc that comes with the D3300.
In the Index at the back/end of the Reference manual - RESET is found on page 369 of the Reference Manual, which notes reset procedure are found on pages on page 224, and page 233.
Page 224 has the Shooting Options menu reset procedure and page 233 shows the Set Up menu reset.

Most reactions

Back