Orangutans -- Mother with Baby

This is great and so is the other shot in the other thread, I've no problems with animals in captivity as long as they have ample room and are properly looked after - especially as man are destroying the orangutan's natural habitat for farming, wood and everything in-between.

Excellent!

This is great and so is the other shot in the other thread, I've no problems with animals in captivity as long as they have ample room and are properly looked after - especially as man are destroying the orangutan's natural habitat for farming, wood and everything in-between.
Thank you...I only wish that more of an effort could be made to protect natural habitat.

Glenn

Real nice! I'm surprised they let you use the flash. Where you shooting these as part of an assignment for the zoo?

Real nice! I'm surprised they let you use the flash. Where you shooting these as part of an assignment for the zoo?
Thanks...

The Brookfield Zoo permits flash in certain exhibits--including the Tropic World exhibit where the primates are housed. Flash is prohibited in some exhibits. When flash is prohibited, there is a sign on the door of the exhibit indicating that.

I've actually set up flash units off camera using brackets on the railings in the past. Lately, I avoid that because of all the kids running around. It wouldn't take much to get one of my flash units knocked down into an exhibit.

I was just shooting for my personal enjoyment.

Glenn

Most reactions

New Topics

Back