Orchard Spider

NateS

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
It was extremely windy and she fell out of her web. This is the sequence of her climbing back up.

p446878277-4.jpg

p356243081-4.jpg

p284661634-4.jpg

Home sweet home
p270075351-4.jpg

The coolest part? There were two of these, one male and one female, sharing the same web. It was kind of sweet (in a creepy way) and was like watching an old married couple at home.

These are great shots!!!!! What size lens did you use to get in so close?

Thank you. I used the Tamron 180mm f3.5 but I'm fairly confident that I could have gotten this close with a Tamron 90mm. These guys aren't very skittish.

Nice shots. Anyone perchance know what kind of spider she is? She's like a stained glass window in miniature this spider! I've never seen one of these.

Nice shots. Anyone perchance know what kind of spider she is? She's like a stained glass window in miniature this spider! I've never seen one of these.

Yeah it is an Orchard Spider. Scientific Name is Leucauge Venusta.

View my other topics and you'll see a few weeks back I posted some of an Orchard Spider and it shows it's top side really well. It's back is gorgeous with a pearl white color and some really neat details/designs.

Edit: Here you go is the link to more pictures of this type of spider.

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/macro-photography/200784-orchard-spider.html

Beautiful....one thing i miss about the country is the misc. spiders out there....I still sorta live in the country but have yet to see anything. Im stuck shooting flowers and inspiring rivers and creeks.

Beautiful....one thing i miss about the country is the misc. spiders out there....I still sorta live in the country but have yet to see anything. Im stuck shooting flowers and inspiring rivers and creeks.

Thanks. We actually live in town, just lucky enough to have a wooded lot behind our backyard with no houses....almost like living in the country even though we live in town. We love it and it sure helps with finding bugs.

Love the colors on the spider. Great pictures!

Thanks.

that is just great!.. I wouldn't dare I think just from looking in the spiders direction it would lure me into its web and eat me. hahaha.. its a beautiful insect!!. you managed to make it seem friendly.

Where I live theres lots of spiders but only ugly ones, black and hairy... I live outside town near the mountains, seriously when someone yells "throw a shoe!" I know they want to squish something and I secretly hope its not my shoe hahaha..

Most reactions

Back