In memoriam
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
kharrodphotography.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Oregon Coast.jpg

Very nice. Just curious as I am headed to the Oregon Coast later this year for some photography, but is that Seal Rock in the background? Also, is this low tide?

WesternGuy

Very nice. Just curious as I am headed to the Oregon Coast later this year for some photography, but is that Seal Rock in the background? Also, is this low tide?
Yes & yes.
I stopped at this parking area and stepped over the railing:
Google Maps

Last edited:
WesternGuy said:

WesternGuy

There's a nice stretch of coast south of Newport, one in which the tourist-driven nature of the Newport-to-Rockaway zone of the coast is replaced by gorgeous, scenic roadside beaches almost totally devoid of people. By the time you get just 15 miles south of Newport, one can get to roadside 101 beaches that have one or two people on them; in Lincoln city, many of the ebaches on the same day might have 150 people walking them. It's almost like a switch has been flipped. The hotels disappear, and are replaced by a handful of B&B's.

Yes & yes.
I stopped at this parking area and stepped over the railing:
Google Maps
Looks like an interesting area. Could be a place to go. Thanks for the info.

WesternGuy

WesternGuy said:

WesternGuy

There's a nice stretch of coast south of Newport, one in which the tourist-driven nature of the Newport-to-Rockaway zone of the coast is replaced by gorgeous, scenic roadside beaches almost totally devoid of people. By the time you get just 15 miles south of Newport, one can get to roadside 101 beaches that have one or two people on them; in Lincoln city, many of the ebaches on the same day might have 150 people walking them. It's almost like a switch has been flipped. The hotels disappear, and are replaced by a handful of B&B's.
Thanks Derrel. I will keep all this info in mind. I am really hoping to find some areas where the surf is great and the waves break nicely on the rocky part of the coast. I might try and make it to Thor's well also, but haven't worked out the itinerary yet.

WesternGuy

Great photo. The Oregon coast is full of amazing places.

Nice shot. Did you by chance correct for distortion? There seems to be a bit of it, particularly visible on the horizon.

It's on my bucket list to ride my motorcycle up the entire west coast, so perhaps sine day I'll make it out there.

No I did not do any lens correction.

The Earth is an oblate ball.
The horizon of the ocean is so far away that on a day with only small waves the horizon is curved.
Maybe not as curved as we see in the photo, but........
Down on the beach the Horizon is about 3 miles away.
Up where I was above the beach the horizon is about 12 miles away.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back