Organ Donation

ferny

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.blueyedmuffin.co.uk
I'm thinking of sticking myself on the donation list. That way when I finally pop my clogs I have the potential to being of some use to someone. I'm wondering, what's everyone view on being a donor? I know some people don't like the idea of giving their bits to someone else. They're worried about not being dead when they rip out their Cornea's, being "messy" when they put you in the coffin so your family won't be able to see you, etc. From my understanding neither can happen due to tests and the surgeons being very careful and respectful.

So...?

well... I think that giving your inner parts is ok... but I'd never give my eyes. I heard that you can give your eyes to somebody else... but it will not be me :/

Personally I'm uncomfortable with it...but then, I don't want to receive anything either. If anyone is comfortable with the idea I'd say go for it!

I am listed as an organ donor. Doesn't bother me for someone else to use an organ if I no longer can. I have a friend whose daughter will eventually need a kidney transplant...it helps me to remember how amazing grateful the other family will be.

it helps me to remember how amazing grateful the other family will be.

That's exactly what made me tick yes to the donor question on my licence.

My viewpoint on it is that you could save a life if you are on the doner list.
We really don't need our body once we're dead... ;) hahaha

my mother had a liver kidney transplant 5 years ago. the young man that died as a result of a car crash saved 7 peoples lives that night with his organs...everything from heart to kidneys...THATS why i clicked yes to be an organ donor.

I've always had the little pink sticker on my drivers license that says organ donor. If I'm dead, what do I need my organs for? I think it's a great way to leave something wonderful behind. :D

i thought giving someone herpes was a good way to "leave something behind"???

what?

MDowdey said:
i thought giving someone herpes was a good way to "leave something behind"???

what?

I didn't expect THAT. :roll: What I DID expect was for you to offer to "donate your organ" while you're still around. :lmao:

my organ is spoken for...

the herpes are up for crabs, i mean GRABS though...

I have mad cow disease. Or atleast living in England in 80's qualifies me as a "possible carrier". Which basically means I can't donate blood or organs as they might be infect.

Not that they would be any good anyway. Liver? Pfft. I'm surprised it's still working for me. Heart? That thing has been worked so hard from all the....raving. I suppose I could donate my body to medical research.

i do plan to be one. when im dead. and yeah now that you mention it, i do worry about them saying i died...just to have my organs. hmm. its that bieng too paranoid of us lol?

I'm not worried about the messy whatever you mentioned. I plan on bieng creamated (sp?) because I honestly don't think I care right nor or after I die what happens to my body..no one will see it in the ground anyway. plus there will be a lot of room for other people who dont feel that way :) i do however want my ashes put in my AE1 if I still have it at the time, and BURRY THAT infront of my headstone. :) is that weird?

Most reactions

Back