Organization stratagies

zedin

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok... I am definitly not what you could call the organized type but am trying to work on it at least in regards to my scanned photos. Other then just a chronological listing of folders with smaller thumbnails in a subfolder how do you folks keep track of your photos and find what you are looking for?

If you're feeling particularly effecient, you could set up a database, with each image given a reference number, and a set of values such as subject, location, time of year, equipment used etc etc...

That way you could simply enter a keyword or words (eg winter, Washington DC), and get a list of images that match that criteria.

I'd like to have said I've done this myself, but I'm not that organized :mrgreen:

I use Extensis Portfolio 7, it works great, you can set keywords, job numbers etc. Search by thumbnail. It will tell you which backup CD or drive it is on. I will probably switch to Apple Aperture though.

I just use picasa. Or if I'm feeling particularly patient Adobe Bridge for my raw photos.

I keep mine ordered chronologically and put into different folders depending on subject. So folders can be really specific sometimes like "plants", "home", "family", or more wide (yet still specific - just in a different sense) like "051116 Brisbane - Art Gallery, River Night time"

Most reactions

Back