Oriental Cave Paintings in Perak Tong Cave Temple

mylo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Recently, I visited Perak Tong - One of the largest limestone cave temple in Malaysia. Built in 1926 by a Buddhist priest from China, Perak Tong houses over 40 Buddha. Beyond the main altar, a passage leads into the cave's interior. After a steep climb of 385 steps, the cave opens again to reveal a wonderful view of the surrounding countryside.

There were loads of AWESOME cave paintings depicting Buddha, the deities and Gods. I managed to climbed up nearly 400 steps to reach the peak of the cave. The highest viewpoint was SUPERB. Strong wind was blowing from all direction. It was a PEACEFUL and STRESS FREE moment my life!

Here are some photos from my trip to Perak Tong:

Picture 1 - HAPPY :lol:

TEMPLE101_783.jpg

This picture was painted on the wall of the cave. There were lots of cave painting drawn by
numerous artist. Simply AMAZING!

@Perak Tong Limestone Cave Temple, Malaysia

Picture 2 - The Deity

TEMPLE20_897.jpg

Words cannot describe the beauty of these cave art.

Picture 3 - Hey! It's Harry Potter!!!

TEMPLE28_796.jpg

A flying God with a broomstick! I think J.K Rowling got her inspiration from this cave painting :lol:

Picture 4 - Back to HELL! :shock:

TEMPLE27_789.jpg

The devil was sent back to hell by the Four Heavenly Kings. There are at least 6 different version
of Four Heavenly kings around the world. The Four kings in Malaysia normally has devils pinned
to the ground.

Cheers!
mylo

53 Views 0 Replies...

Mylo i give you credit for the info on you pics. You told of this 400 step climb to the peak of the cave but, No Pic...

#1 Theres a shadow on your subject, it takes away from the shot.
#2 & 3 I think are the best.
#4 I cant figure out whats going on there, your composed to close..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back