EricD

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ericdiller.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Osprey nest is back in action. She had 2 eggs but only one hatched. That's 2 years in a row that only one egg hatched. 3 years back she had 3 that hatched.

Very protective of her chick (3 days old in these pic's) at the moment. When she isn't feeding him she is sitting on top of him!

PIC_1872.jpg

PIC_1840.jpg

PIC_1860.jpg

Can you see the second egg? Or does she abandon it once only one chick hatches?

Wonderful shots...from where are you shooting that you're able to look down on the nest like that?

1 & 3 are my favs because of the action, pose and lighting respectively. Many of us are jealous but so grateful you post for us to share.

Wonderful shots...from where are you shooting that you're able to look down on the nest like that?

Used my favorite lens 200-400MM F4 Ed, IF, Vr Nikkor.

As much as I would like to share this location you can see why I wont. Last thing I need is a 100 people and a bus tour showing up full of birders! :(

p.s. went by today and lord and behold there are 2 chicks in the nest. Second one was just born on Saturday...photos will be a coming!

Awesome shots. Wildlife shots with the 200-400 are among my favorites to see. Amazing lens, I may save up for one eventually.

Wow! This is wonderful! Thanks for keeping it a secret. I'll just enjoy the updates from you.
The secret got out for our eagles in Baytown, Texas. Now there's an average 50 people or more a day out there. One photographer actually cleared the privately owned land's fence to get better shots of the eagle's nest. So yeah, I understand completely.

As much as I would like to share this location you can see why I wont. Last thing I need is a 100 people and a bus tour showing up full of birders! :(

I do not think it is our intention to know the location, just how do you get a shot to make it look as though you are higher than the nest itself???

I do not think it is our intention to know the location, just how do you get a shot to make it look as though you are higher than the nest itself???

The way I got those angle shots is because I am at Eye level to the nest.

The way I got those angle shots is because I am at Eye level to the nest.
pbelarge was right, I was just wondering how you got that angle. I can't blame you for keeping the nest location a secret.

As always, I look forward to your nature shots...they're wonderful

Most reactions

Back