Osprey....Tamron 150-600 @ 600mm....is it sharp?

JTPhotography

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am very happy with it, especially when I have good light and can get the shutter speed up. I ordered the new Sigma but it was looking like the back order could be longggg, so I picked up one of these. I think it is a keeper.

Handheld, ISO 400, 1/1250th, f7.1, slight crop, maybe 15%

osprey.JPG

Darn that looks plenty sharp to me at this size - fullsize might tell a slightly different story; but still very good performance from the superzoom!

Looks sharp to me. Would love to have a lens like that one!

Though it is sharp at that size I wonder if it is at a larger size. The eyes may become soft- what shutter speed and focal length was it shot at?

Shot info posted above.

The eye is very sharp at full size. I did have some soft ones but those were due to shake. The autofocus is good but not stellar, so that will factor in. Ergonomically i am very pleased. I will post more soon.

I shot with one for the first time today too and I was just as pleased as you are. Is it as sharp as a 600 prime, nope, but for the price it is real nice :icon_thumright:

EDIT:
The more I use this lens the better i like it. A little fine tuning and it is getting seriously sharp.

Last edited:
Looks sharp to me. I've really enjoyed mine so far. Is it as sharp as my other glass? No, but for the price it's great.

You are showing us a 0.65 megapixel image. Not much of a test really.

You are showing us a 0.65 megapixel image. Not much of a test really.

It's .68 mp and you know it! :)

I'll try and post some 100% crops. Consider this thread an ongoing review. As I play with it I will report.

Great shots. Keep them coming.

I am hoping in the future to find one if these lenses at a price I can afford, great pictures

Most reactions

New Topics

Back