Osprey

DarkShadow

Birdographer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
19192199908_a9cff0555f_b.jpg

Nice shot. They are impressive birds. We are currently watching and photographing nine nests around us waiting for the babies to make their appearance.

Thanks Barb. Hey its been a minute I seen you post,welcome back.Yes they are amazing powerful raptors.The first time I seen one dive from about 60 feet up and tucked its wings for the head first dive and when it hit the water with such great speed and force, it literally sounded like a human splash in the water.I was so amazed by it I just watched.

Nice BIF. Would love the opportunity to shoot some of these.

The feeling is mutual with some of the birds your way.Thanks

Thanks Barb. Hey its been a minute I seen you post,welcome back.Yes they are amazing powerful raptors.The first time I seen one dive from about 60 feet up and tucked its wings for the head first dive and when it hit the water with such great speed and force, it literally sounded like a human splash in the water.I was so amazed by it I just watched.
They are one of my favorite birds. We had one for the first time ever leave the nest and circle relentlessly above us. Very tight circle around the nest. We had never seen one do that. And we were not nearly close enough to the nest to spook him/her. We have one nearby that is incredible, there is a hill right in front of it and it's the only nest where we can get a level view. We are anxiously waiting for those babies to show up.

Nah! just lift a boat and be on your way,just don't get caught by pirates.

well done David. I finally got out yesterday and got a few keepers will post soon. The Osprey has quickly become my favorite Bird to Photograph. Thanks for getting me hooked.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back