Ospreys for Ray

AIRIC

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.airic.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have been up to see the Ospreys every second day. I’m getting the chances to get some great shots but I’m a little slow after the surgery and seem to miss more then I’m getting. This morning there was the usual two there and a third one showed up causing the other two to chirp loudly. After a awhile the male went up to chase the other male away. Here are a few images from the past few days.

osprey20075127842.jpg

osprey20075158096.jpg

osprey20075158116.jpg

osprey20075178228.jpg

osprey20075178255.jpg

osprey20075158093.jpg

osprey20075127845.jpg

Enjoy,

Eric

Nice series. The yellow eye gives the osprey such a focused, almost 'evil' look. I really like the composition of the shot with the fish on the tree limb. And those shots where you're directly under it....I guess that's the last thing various fish and small animals see before they're picked up and devoured.

And those shots where you're directly under it....I guess that's the last thing various fish and small animals see before they're picked up and devoured.

I get those shots when they want to scare me, and he does. Last year only one dove on me once but this year it is every time I’m out there, maybe they remember me from last year. They have their nest right on a baseball outfield lamppost and they go nuts when there is a game on, you would think they would either get used to it or move on to a new nest. When you see them through a 500mm lens diving right at you it is a good adrenaline rush.

This shot is not the sharpest but gives you a good idea of what it looks like coming head on at you.

osprey2006572386.jpg

Cheers,

Eric

I'm always impressed by what some people in here deliver in terms of birds in flight! :)

Number 3 is outstanding I think, and so is the first one.

Most reactions

Back